Welcome to SCETA
1st General Meeting (Fall 2014)
U-Hour (12:00 - 1:00 PM)
Building 9, Room 247
- [6/14/14] Thanks for Coming Out!
- Thank you once again for coming out to the SCETA banquet. The turnout was amazing and congratulations to those won the great prizes.
- Also, thanks again for all the supportive members and guests who came out and enjoyed the banquet!
- Have a wonderful summer and stay tuned for updates over the summer across all areas of the club and we'll see you again next year!
- [6/13/14] SCETA Banquet is Today!
- This is a quick reminder that the SCETA banquet is today, Friday, June 13th from 5 PM to 8 PM at the Claremont Buca di Beppo.
- Remember that if you were a late RSVP that you will have to pay your $25 at the door and $10 for every plus 1.
- The address is: 505 W Foothill Blvd, Claremont, CA 91711.
- Again, there will be awesome raffle prizes and great food to enjoy with your friends, family, and faculty. We hope to see you tonight!
- [6/5/14] Summer Contact List
- We will be maintaining a summer contact list for those interested in receiving information about job opportunities, activities, and other events that happen in the summer before the new school year.
- If you are interested, please stop by the office and let us know or simply e-mail our secretary at email@example.com.
- [6/5/14] Last Day to RSVP
- Today is the last day to RSVP for banquet!
- Please send your RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Price is as follows:
- Individual: $25
- Plus 1's: $10
- Alumni: $20
- Please send your RSVPs in soon! Space and food is limited!
- For those who ran for the 3D Tech position, the 2 positions will be announced at banquet, so please be sure you have RSVPed.
- [5/22/14] SCETA Banquet Open RSVP
- The initial RSVP period for our end of the year banquet is now over.
- You can still RSVP at email@example.com but the price is now set at $25 per person at the door.
- Absolute last deadline is Thursday, June 5th.
- Plus 1's are now $10.
- Alumni is still a solid $20.
- Again, some of the raffled prizes include a Galaxy Tab 3, Studio Beats headphones, bluetooth speakers, and Skullcandy earbuds.
- [5/8/14] SCETA Banquet RSVP Extended
- The RSVP deadline for the SCETA banquet has been extended to next Thursday, May 15. You can send in your RSVPs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quick reminder of the information about the banquet:
- Cost: $20 for members & $5 for plus 1's. Faculty is free.
- Dress Code: Semi-Formal
- Some of the raffled items include Studio Beats headphones, bluetooth speakers, Skullcandy ear buds, and much more.
- [5/1/14] Overall Great Engineering Resource
- We have most recently been acquainted with a very helpful engineering resource that we find may be very useful in all your engineering endeavors. From professional organizations to colleges to books, this resource has many things to offer for all engineering disciplines or interests, so check it out here, or at our Resources page under Overall Best Engineering Resources.
- [2/25/14] 3D Design Contest
- As you may have heard, SCETA recently acquired a 3D printer and thought that it would be fun to hold a contest for a 3D design.
- The winner will have their design printed, and the others will have the opportunity to get their design printed at the SCETA member discounted price.
- The requirements are as followed:
- The design cannot exceed the print envelope: 300 mm x 200 mm x 178 mm (W x D x H). It is recommended to scale to half of the print envelope. (In essence, keep it pretty small!)
- Send only .STL files. No solidworks or sketchup files please.
- Please be aware that objects such as solid blocks will not be completely filled on the inside and will be more of a waffle-like fill.
- Refer to this tutorial to help you prepare a design for the contest, and please send them to our secretary at email@example.com.
- Have fun and good luck!
- [2/13/14] Updates: JPL Tour
- The JPL Tour is now confirmed, and is still on Friday, February 21st from 10 AM to approximately 12 PM.
- For more information, please head over to the Tours page.
- [2/11/14] Airwolf 3D Printer Tour
- If you are still interested in the Airwolf 3D Printer Tour, it has been set for this Friday, February 14th at 4:30 PM. Please e-mail our secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do plan on attending.
- The tour will be fairly short (approximately 1 hour at most) and it will be located in Costa Mesa.
- If you cannot attend this Friday, do not worry. They are very open to working with us and will allow us to plan another tour if you are still interested.
- [1/31/14] JPL Tour
- SCETA has landed a tour date for JPL on Friday, February 21st. There is no defined time yet, but be prepared to clear out the day's schedule.
- If you are interested, please e-mail Carlos Cordova at email@example.com most preferably by tonight, Friday, January 31, 2014.
- [1/10/14] GRID Solar Installation Updates
- SCETA's Winter Quarter solar installation is set for next Saturday, January 18th.
- For more information, please check your e-mails for the details sent out by the SCETA president and respond back to the provided address with the required information before midnight on Monday, January 13th to participate. Also, you can check out the Activities page for more basic information.
- [12/12/13] Designed and built by students!
- A perfect Christmas gift. Buy it assembled or in a kit. Show off and support what Engineering Technology is all about.
- Available in gift box sets: Assembled or Kit (Soldering Required) (Buy Here)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or come by the SCETA room in Building 9, Room 262 for more information.
- Ornament Kit Assembly Instructions: (Here)
- [11/16/13] The soldering workshop was a sucess! If you would like more details or would like to contact a SCETA officer, please e-mail the SCETA secretary at email@example.com.
- [10/31/13] Please help donate to the Grid Alternatives fundraiser at this link and share if you can to help us provide you with the best financial situation for your participation! All funds will be applied towards installing solar panels for low-income households and minimizing participant costs. If you would like more information on the program, please visitthe Grid Alternatives website via the banner on the left.
[10/31/13] Fall 2013: 3rd SCETA General Meeting
- Powerpoint: Click Here
- [10/30/13] T-shirt designs must be submitted by the next meeting on Thursday, November 14, 2013. Please e-mail your designs to firstname.lastname@example.org whenever you are ready to submit them. You can view the previous T-shirt designs over at the Gallery for reference.
- [10/20/13] You may have noticed some new features and small fixes here-and-there with the website. Check the website frequently to stay on top of the latest information and events via the news and updated Events pages, and also feel free to use the resources we have for you via the Resources page.
[10/17/13] Fall 2013: 2nd SCETA General Meeting
- Powerpoint: Click Here
[10/3/13] Fall 2013: 1st SCETA General Meeting
- Powerpoint: Click Here
- [8/27/13] Free registration for CES 2014 ended today on September 27, 2013. The price has now gone up to $100, so if you still would like to go, sign up here and come to our meetings for more information.
- [8/26/13] Bronco Fusion 2013 was a success!
- [8/26/13] If you want to be a member, go ahead and sign up here. If you haven't already done so, please feel free to browse through our website and see what we are all about.
- [8/26/13] Please go ahead and like our Facebook page for updated information.
- [8/26/13] If you are one of the club officers we talked to and you have questions or concerns, please go ahead and e-mail our secretary at email@example.com.
- [8/26/13] The ECET bulletin sign is now complete. If you have walked across the 2nd floor of building 9, you will have seen the colorful sign we posted up this summer.